Sunday, August 12, 2007



It has been a couple of weeks since I have had time to post a new blog. As most of you know we had a traumatic accident a couple weeks ago with the loss of my airplane. It was an unfortunate accident and we are so glad that my Dad was not hurt or worse. I have said all along that you can replace an airplane but you can’t replace a Dad.

Maegan told me to get a hobby so I started flying back in July 2006 and purchased a Beachcraft Sundowner soon after taking my first flight. It was a good plane and hauled me all over the state for work. We will miss the Sundowner N6005X. I have found a new airplane and hope to have it in Taylor by mid August. The accident has made me appreciate the speed of air travel Vs driving. I had to drive to Parker Arizona and took me over 12 hours of driving round trip, and to fly it would have been 3.5 to 4 hours round trip. The picture is of the new airplane a Piper Cherokee 235!!


3 comments:

Rhiannon said...

I always knew that you were crazy. I'm kidding Dave. I'm glad that things were ok with your dad. Enjoy your new airplane.

loverofmysmithboyz said...

DAVE!
I am so glad Dad was okay but I am convinced that it was for a reason! I am so excited to see your new ride! Talk to you soon!

Bekah: said...

wow i had no idea, but im glad everything worked out and He was ok. cool new plane!